Nightmares

People tend to ask me why I can never go back to sleep when I wake up, the answer is quite simple, nightmares. That I get whenever I go to sleep. I don’t get them when I first go to sleep at night it’s whenever I fall back asleep. When I was younger it wasn’t really a problem and they weren’t really scary since I was just a kid. I used to get them all the time when I was around 8-9 but it stopped once I hit the age 11 and I thought that I didn’t have to worry about it anymore but in the middle of the year it started to happen again. When in the middle of the school year last year they started up again but they weren’t often at all. The only problem was they were lucid dreams. It’s where basically when your aware you’re in a dream but you don’t know how to wake up. They stopped happening but all of them were lucid. I always knew I was in a dream. But that just made them a lot scarier since they felt real. An example of once of my dreams are things that usually happen that day and turn it into a traumatic event. Like yesterday I was feeling dizzy and nauseous. In my dream my friends decided to jaywalk and all of them got hit by cars. I don’t know what was wrong with me but I was so dizzy that I couldn’t even walk across the street. I backed up and my friends went getting hit by cars and I don’t want to get into the gruesome scene but it’s still impacted me to this day since the dream was just yesterday.